First Friday @ SAGE and Beyond


I will be at Sage Projects for the opening of Dragnet from 6-8pm. I originally came up with this idea a while ago and am very happy that I was able to make it become a reality at Sage where I am a member. It's at 333 south Street across from the TLA.

Then there is the 2009 International Turning Exchange (ITE) exhibition, allTURNatives: Form + Spirit 2009, on Friday August 7th from 5:30 to 7pm at the Wood Tunring Center. I twice was the photojournalist fellow for the ITE and always look forward to what this diverse group of artists create during their time spent in Philadlphia. I will stop by there either Friday evening or Saturday afternoon for the second part of the presentation.

I am hoping to squeeze in as many of these as possible and if I can't see them on Friday I will make a point of going by at some later point. Isn't it great to have such a lively August?

There is an opening reception for Bone Tails at Little Berlin from 6-10pm August 7th with artists Salvatore Cerce, Dennis McNett, Damon Ayers and Shawn Beeks. Little Berlin, 119 West Montgomery, Philadelphia PA, 19122.

June Blumberg is one of many artists participating in Pennsylvania Sizzler a regional, invitational exhibition featuring paintings, drawings, prints and photographs at the Third Street Gallery.

For much more that is happening this First Friday and beyond visit Artblog Citypaper and Funnelpages.

Above, Fay Morgan, Fall, still from video, 2009, at Sage Projects.