New York Shows



This is a show I wanted to see because I have admired the work of Callum Innes for a long time. I thought it would be good from the descriptions I had read but seeing it in person far exceeded my expectations. The exhibition is up through January 29 at the Sean Kelly Gallery at 528 West 29th. If you're going to visit don't spoil it by looking at all of the photos on their site. It unfolds in a way that is best experienced live.

From left to right, Kristin, Dale and Paul.




I didn't know about the Ricardo Mazal show (below) at Sundaram Tagore until I saw it from the street. Mazal is showing mostly large scale paintings and photographs that are very impressive. Visit the website for details and more images.



The Huma Bhabha exhibition (below) at Peter Blum is really strong too. Check out the catalog while your there. The staff told me a retrospective of Bhabha's work is planned for 2012 at PS1 MoMA.