First Friday @ Rodger Lapelle Gallery



The Rodger Lapelle Gallery was one of my first gallery stops in Old City when I first visited from New York in 1994. Mr. Lapelle was very generous with his time and sent me across the street to Pentimenti where I had my first exhibition in Philadelphia. At the time I was doing representational paintings of body parts. You might not be able to tell that from my current work but I have a love for the painted figure in art.

This show that opens on First Friday includes artists: Eclaire, Cohen, Kinsella, Traub, Poole, McDonnell/Cortosi and more. You can learn more about the exhibition and each artist's work on the Lapelle site. As you will see, the show has work that ranges from very graphic (above from Karen McDonnell/Anthony Cortosi) to very classical, like the excellent work of painter Patricia Traub (top).

I am going rotate images from other artists in the show, so stop back.